Originally Posted by BoneDaddy's
If I have the new wifi stoker and an ipad, but at a comp with no service, can I network the ipad to the wifi stoker somehow?
Yes, but you need 1 more item. You need a wireless router and a little bit of setup time before you go to the comp. Here are the simplified steps:
- Configure the router and setup the wireless network on the router.
- Configure the WiFi on the Stoker to connect to the newly configured router.
- Configure your iPad to connect to the newly configured router.
- Make sure the iPad talks to the WiFi Stoker by going to the Stoker's IP address with a browser on the iPad.
- Turn off the Stoker and router and pack them up for the trip.
- When you get to the comp, plug in the router and then turn it on. Give it a minute or two to get going.
- Make sure the iPad connects to the router's wireless network. (It should have the same name as you gave it at home.)
- Fire up the WiFi Stoker and make sure it gets an IP Address from the router.
- Double check that the iPad can talk to the WiFi stoker by going to the Stoker's IP address with a browser on the iPad.
- Crank up StokeMaster and enjoy!
The key is to make sure everything is working at home before you head off to the comp.
"At what point did we forget that the Space Shuttle was, essentially, a program that strapped human beings to an explosion and tried to stab through the sky with fire and math? How jaded do we have to be to lose collective interest in that?" - Robert Brockway