View Single Post
Unread 01-23-2012, 12:32 AM  
fingerlickin'
Quintessential Chatty Farker

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Every time I go to Chick-Fil-A I find myself asking for extra Honey Roasted BBQ sauce. I just can't get enough of that stuff so on Tuesday I hit up google in search of the recipe so I don't have to open all those little farking packets every time. Then on Saturday I came across a thread asking about copycat Chick-Fil-A chicken recipes. Which gave me an idea.

Some friends asked us to come over for a small get together today to watch some playoff football so I figured I'd make some appetizers.

I decided to wrap some chicken chunks in bacon and serve them with the Honey Roasted BBQ sauce. I also cut up some more chicken chunks and glazed them with an orange sesame ginger sauce. Last but not least some ABT's which I prepared with pineapple and SM sweet seduction.

The bacon wrapped chicken

ABT stuffing

Everybody on the egg

Plated - I couldn't decide between these two pics for the throwdown. I'll let you decide. Farking drips. Did I mention I was a throwdown rookie?

The BBQ sauce turned out great it tastes remarkably close to the original. Here's the recipe if anyone is interested.

1/2 cup Vegetable Oil
1/4 cup Honey
1 Tbls. Dijon Mustard
1 tsp. Ketchup
1 tsp. Granulated Sugar
1/4 tsp. Paprika
1/2 tsp. Salt
1/8 tsp. each of Black Pepper, Garlic Powder, Onion Powder
2 1/2 Tbls. White Vinegar
1/2 tsp. Liquid Smoke
1.4 tsp. Lemon Juice
1 Egg Yolk
1 tsp. Water
1 Tbls. Corn Starch

Directions:In a saucepan combine all ingredients up to and including onion powder,over medium heat until boiling; stir well. Remove from heat. Cool,uncovered for 10 minutes. Add vinegar, smoke flavoring and lemon juice.
Whisk egg yolk and water together until pale yellow.;Whisk in the cornstarch until dissolved.
Drizzle the cooked sauce into the egg mixture, while whisking so egg does not curdle. This will make a thick creamy emulsion that will prevent the oil from separating. Cover and chill until needed. Makes 1 cup.

The Orange Sesame Ginger sauce was a mixture of orange juice, honey, sesame oil, ground ginger, garlic powder, black pepper, salt and a little cornstarch slurry to thicken it up.

Peace

Jason

"I can get a good look at a T-bone by sticking my head up a bull's a$$, but I'd rather take a butcher's word for it". - Tommy Callahan III

XL
Big Green Egg
, 22.5 Weber OTS, WSJ
Gold/Mini WSM, 18" & 22" WSM, UDS "No.8"
Flyers Orange Thermapen
Napkin Killers BBQ
fingerlickin' is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks from: --->