View Single Post
Unread 01-19-2012, 09:23 PM   #57
Triple T BBQ
Full Fledged Farker

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Even more progress tonight. Got some more parts in and got the smoker positioned on the trailer to check the balance, weight and overall placement.

The calculations came out just about right. Had about 90lbs of tongue weight right now. We are going to shorten the tongue somewhat so that will increase the tongue weight of the trailer a bit more. Also we still need to put the decking on, add additional cross braces and tool and storage boxes on it. But so far its pretty well balanced. Also going to bring the smoker over against the left frame rail so we can reach into the back side of the smoker without issue. Going to bolt it down with six bolts so I can lift it off again if we decide to make further mods later on. Also want to be able to covert it to patio usage should I get tired of having it on the trailer.

Will be adding a stainless steel work tray to the front of the smoker and that will be 14-16 inches deep.

Another view from the front. Here you can see the new tire and rim combination. Moving up from some seriously old and very well worn 14 inch trailer tires to a 15x8 aluminum rim with a 275/60/15 BFGoodrich Radial TA on it. The new hubs with disc brakes are yet to go on. Also picked up some fresh steel fenders. Going to split one down the middle and add it to the two other ones I bought. Nice and fat fenders for this beast.

Front view of the trailer. Here you can see how much room we still have for a warming box, tool box, and wood storage boxes. Also we are looking at taking a section out of the axle and tucking the new tires and rims further under the trailer since we have so much room. Nothing like a set of nice wide tires under a hot rod smoker right?

Brakes, hubs, fenders, trailer lift, handles, and others misc toys came in this week for the project.

Last edited by Triple T BBQ; 01-20-2012 at 12:44 AM..
Triple T BBQ is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->