Thread: KCBS Judging
View Single Post
Unread 09-28-2005, 12:48 PM   #22
BBQchef33
Grand Poobah and Site Admin

Downloads: 13
Uploads: 4

i cant believe someon would use OLD applejuice at a comp. I am sure any competitor worth his smoke would open a fresh bottle, and even if its been sitting out all day, its not going to spoil.

I think Rod hit it on the head. I use to use a mixture of apple juice and cheap bourbon in my sprays. sometimes even a touch of pickle juice in the bottle. did it this way for years, and eventually realized that on those days where i didnt use the bourbon, i was missing that bitter/tangy flavor. stopped using bourbon and never looked back. Now its combination of fruit juices. Apple and cherry mostly, but have used peach, pear, pineapple, etc...

keep the whiskey to marinade the chef.

one hint, dont put pineapple juice with pulp in your sprayer. Especially at 11:30 am, about when your going to start spraying chicken for glazing. Gives your sprayer a case of the dry squirts.

CBJ with a Fuzzy Blue Hat, 18 Foot Competition Trailer, Customized Klose BYC, Custom Klose built MoAB (Mother of All Banderas) passed on to Big Dog, 1 Double Barreled Lang 84, 1 Heavily Modified Bionic Bandera, 1 Custom Super Medium Stickburning Spicewine w/stoker, 1 XL BGE, 1 Mini BGE, 1 Pit Barrel Cooker, 3 WSMs, 3 Weber Kettles, an NB Hondo, A Modified Brinkman Horizontal, DCS 48" Grill, a Broilmaster P3, a covered, pellet pooping FEC100, and our duck died. :(

News Flash:
"A mans worth is judged by the weight of his integrity "

You know your getting older when you choose your cereal for the fiber, not the toy

Smoke on KC.
WWW.BBQ-BRETHREN.COM
BBQchef33 is offline   Reply With Quote