The test fire is still in progress, so far it is going better than I could have imagined. I started with a chimney full of charcoal and added 4 small spilts to get the cooker up to temp. Took it up to 350 before closing down the air intakes. So far I have been adding 2 small splits (8-10 inches X 3 inches) and a handful of charcoal every 40-45 minutes. Outside temp is 20 degrees, cooker sitting in the shade, not much wind.
Size of my fire
Very pleased with the temp ranges that I have inside the cooking chamber. I like to cook between 240 - 280, so this should make it very easy to do so! I should note that these temps are with the small fire and 5 of the intakes completely closed, the other intake is maybe 1/4 open, if that. I don't think I will have any trouble roasting chickens at 350+ by adding more fuel and opening up the intakes.
And, no I am not doing the test fire inside of my garage! I just used this pic to show the temp ranges.