I have cooked a LOT of lamb.
I have butterflied it and grilled it on high heat. I have oven roasted it, I have grilled chops, etc.
The best lamb I have EVER had was last week. here is what i did:
6lb boneless leg O' lamb (I used boneless 'cause I planned to slice it thin for salad)
Rubbed it with a greek inspired rub of:
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1-1/2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon beef-flavored bouillon granules
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
Put it on smoker with oak wood at 225 and cooked until Internal temp (IT) of 130 (3-4 hours).
Let rest for 30 minutes, and sliced.
John - Sir Porkalot BBQ Team BLUE Thermapen
*Stickburner (horizontal offset)*Weber Performer*Baby WSM (14.5")*Various Weber Kettles*Cast Iron Cue-Grill (restored '60s era grill)
Co-Owner of Naturiffic
Naturiffic Harvest Brine Available Here
Get our HOT SALT here
Giveaways, Recipes & Brethren Only Discounts!
Home of Naturiffic Gourmet Cooking Salts!Brethren Vendor Forum