View Single Post
Unread 12-29-2011, 10:02 AM   #6
razrbakcrzy
is one Smokin' Farker

Downloads: 5
Uploads: 1

I did a brisket for Christmas dinner, I took it off at midnight (Internal temp 160) the night before dinner a 2:00pm the next day.. Plastic wrapped, foiled and wrapped in 2 towels, placed into a cooler. When I went to slice it at 1 pm it was still hot enough that I had a little bit of a time holding it with bare hands... maybe 100-115 degrees... It may have been the best brisket I have ever cooked.... moist and tender and it seemed like the rub seeped into the meat alot more...I think this is going to be the norm with my briskets from now on.

I sliced it and returned it to a pan with fresh made beef broth made from the drippings, carrot, celery, onion with frozen reserved beef bones simmered for 10 hours... into a 200 degree oven till 2:00pm it was gone in 10 minutes... my moms ham and turkey was hardley touched.... ooops! sorry mom!

i would say it would not be rare for more that about 10 minutes from what I found out with this cook...
Future Smoker
$5438.25 Total BYC Smoker!!

Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. But, the Marines don't have that problem.
Ronald Reagan, President of the United States; 1985
razrbakcrzy is offline   Reply With Quote