Got to work on the cooker today for almost 7 uninterupted hours! That doesn't happen very often with two little kids.
Started off by welding the deflector plate in place and then moved onto the rail slides.
A closer view of the rail slids and the anti-tip shelf holder.
Next I got to work on my door stop, as you can see I just couldn't go with a simple one! I am going to paint these silhouettes to give my cooker a little flair.
I just had to incorporate my favorite college football team, this is how I was planning on covering up the valve holes.
Got my exhaust cover made. The actual cover is just some steel plate, the handle is 1/2" rod, and i used 1" angle to hold the rod in place but still allow me to open and close it. Pretty much the same thing I did to build the door hinges.
Exhaust cover open. I want to put something on top of the cover, but I don't think I can because I won't have enough clearance to roll it under my deck.
Got the bottom rack put together, it fits nicely. Still need to put the handles/pulls on the shelf but I ran out of time.
Bottom rack out, side view
Bottom rack out, front view.
Right side view of the cooker
Left side view of cooker
Getting to the point that there isn't to much fabrication left to do:
Shelf On Cooker (opposite the firebox end)
Firebox Door (hinges, strapping, handle)