View Single Post
Unread 12-26-2011, 03:02 AM   #4
woodpelletsmoker
is One Chatty Farker

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Suppose all you know this new BBQ temperature controller, dual probes, meat temperature drives the fire, programmable, ramping down/up of 4 temperature stages PID output of variable voltage, 12 VDC fan and battery with rain proof SS box. WIFI & wireless remote control.
This time I just talk how can you mount it on your pit.

Question from customer:

Wifi Controller for Weber Smokey MountainSunday, December 25, 2011 9:53 AM
To: "sale@allchinas.com" <sale>
Hi. I am interested in your Lion package for my Weber Smokey Mountain. I was about to buy a system from XXXXX Instruments when I came across your web site.

My concern with your system is that I'd have to drill holes in my grill. With the XXXXX controller, it has the same blower flange dimensions, but it snaps in with a spring, so you don't have to drill any holes. The spring appears to be very simple, but I don't know where to buy one. There are a lot of people who might buy your system if they did not have to drill holes in their smoker. Another advantage of this spring system is that it is easily removed, so you do not need to worry about it getting wet from the rain.

Here is a link to the XXXXX fan;

http://www.XXXXXins.com/index.php?ma..._image&pID=192

Is there a way for you to provide the same snap in that thy do?

Kind Regards,

Jim Walczak
Minnesota, USA

Answer:
Mounting this system in your pit is easy, simply tell us the dimension of vent door, we will supply flange 2" wider than your vent door. If you push the flange to far end, it will close the vent door. If you make the fan facing vent door, the controller works

This system uses 12 VDC, you can use a small battery, say 4 a.h battery can drive your pit over 12+ hours. You can place controller, battery,fan inside a rainproof SS box, the you can do smoking during rain days

woodpelletsmoker is online now   Reply With Quote