THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Phrasty

Babbling Farker
The Last Black pepper smoked ham disappeared so fast I just had to do another one. This time just a bit bigger! :thumb:

I didn't get any pics of the brining process but this is after being taken out of the brine and soaked for a bit in water.

16a52259.jpg

All trussed up:
f59a0f41.jpg

59310a92.jpg

Rolled in Black pepper and dried in the fridge overnight:
c16f35fb.jpg

97c41fdd.jpg

Hung and smoked with lychee wood:
6021916f.jpg

10d059fb.jpg

60f016ca.jpg

Hit it lightly with a spiced sugar for a slight touch of sweet and let it coast up to 155˚.
6ac12047.jpg

Took it off and let it rest for an hour then sliced!
85779689.jpg

7d5eff7a.jpg

ef9a6fcb.jpg

Man it was good, I think the touch of seasoned sugar raised it up a notch from the last one!:thumb::thumb:

Thanks for looking! :becky:
Cheers

Great lookin' hunka ham Phrasty! Wish I had a slice or two right now! :-D

Daggum Phrasty, I wish Jamaica wasn't so far away... I would enjoy visiting with you. Looks like I could learn A LOT. Your hams and bacons make me want to eat my mouse and keyboard.

I gotta quit looking at people's pron. My stomach is growling. That looks incredible! :hungry:

Black Pepper Ham

Boy!!!
Does that look good!!!
I probably missed it, but is that a boneless pork butt??
Did you use a cure, or just salt??
Oh, I found the first post. I am going to have to go to Cash and Carry and pick me up some butts---

Meatgasm....... Oh yeah!

Clean up on isle 5... :wink: I'll uhh... take that as a compliment!

Daggum Phrasty, I wish Jamaica wasn't so far away... I would enjoy visiting with you. Looks like I could learn A LOT. Your hams and bacons make me want to eat my mouse and keyboard.

Haha, Thanks brother! Yeah I think it'd be a good time... :heh: I could learn a couple things from you too man! :thumb:

Great lookin' hunka ham Phrasty! Wish I had a slice or two right now! :-D

OK now I'm sure YOU couldn't possibly be all out of cured meat! :heh:
Thanks a lot Jeanie... the ham IS pretty good though. I'll wrap up a couple slices for you when I cut it up! :thumb::heh:

That looks great.

And for those that want to know. Here is part one.

http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=121301

Thanks Pyles, kinda forgot to put that up! :doh: Appreciate it! :thumb:

Cheers

I gotta quit looking at people's pron. My stomach is growling. That looks incredible! :hungry:

Haha, thinkin you're on the wrong site then my friend! :heh:
Thanks tho Tish! :thumb:

Boy!!!
Does that look good!!!
I probably missed it, but is that a boneless pork butt??
Did you use a cure, or just salt??
Oh, I found the first post. I am going to have to go to Cash and Carry and pick me up some butts---

Yeah it's a boneless butt. I'm not sure about how it is there but I buy bone in and debone it myself cuz it works out a bit cheaper that way. :wink:

Cheers

Back