View Single Post
Unread 12-02-2011, 09:26 PM   #3
gtr
somebody shut me the fark up.

Downloads: 2
Uploads: 0

Temps will go up when you raise the lid - more airflow = higher temps. I'm still pretty new to smoking bacon, but I've taken the IT to 150 and I've taken it to 127 - got good results with both. Cold smoking is a lot lower temp - I wouldn't know exactly what 'cause in SoCal we don't get cold enough ambient temps to do that, which is a bummer. Last weekend I ran cooker temps between 135-150.

I'm assuming you've used either Instacure #1 or Tenderquick for this, correct? That is what enables you to keep pork in the "danger zone" for an extended period.

Thirdeye has a mighty fine blog you may get some good info from.

There's been a bunch of bacon love the past couple weeks, so search around a little and you should find some great threads - there's a search box at the bottom of the page.

Good luck!
50" Klose BYC, 22.5 WSM, Backwoods Chubby, UDS, 26" & 22.5" Weber Kettles, Jumbo Joe, WGA, WSJ/MUDS, Jumbo Old Smokey, a piece of expanded metal I throw over the fire pit sometimes, Stealthy Black & Vol Orange Thermapens
Displaced East Tennesseean
Proud recipient of a Tick
Former outlaw MOINK baller, now IMBAS Certified, but still lookin' over my shoulder.
"Relax, it's only BBQ." - Bigmista, 2013
SPFP
WTFWGALD?
gtr is online now   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->