View Single Post
Unread 12-01-2011, 12:37 PM   #1
Bluehawg
Full Fledged Farker

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Default >Bluehawg's 120 Gallon Smoker Build

I'm working on a new build. Mixing some of the original design I had in mind with some neat and ingenious ideas I've gotten from here, mainly from Phrasty's builds. Glad I found this site and was directed to his build threads. I was not only impressed but inspired to be more creative in my design and change a few things up.

This is probably going to be slow going because I'm a shop teacher and am using this as a teaching project so I'm having to work at the student's pace. Anyway, I'm going to try to post up some pics as I go along and hope to get some suggestions as I go.

Here's what happened first... Example of what not to do. DIDN'T have my welding shirt buttoned and was using grinder with cut off wheel. Started smelling burning hair/flesh and looked up and asked the boys, "Ya'll smell something burning?" That was when I realized I WAS WHAT WAS BURNING and the flames were making their way up to my face. I started slappin em out and using strong language. Kids got a kick out of it. Used it as a teaching moment. LOL... and now chest is burned a little, ruined TWO shirts, decided it was time to let one of the boys finish the cut for me while I licked my wounds... I can attest to the fact that scorching yo titty nipple is not advisable. It was hot and fast at least, not lo and slow...

Here is one of my boys finishing a cut for me while I slosh cold water on my chest... Bet I won't leave that welding shirt unfastened again. Lesson learned.