View Single Post
Unread 12-01-2011, 12:47 AM   #54
Phrasty
Babbling Farker

Downloads: 1
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sly-one View Post
Hey Tish, did the popcorn stop at your place?
Phrasty, this build looks great! How are you doing a stop for the grates to prevent them from accidentally sliding all the way out?
Thanks Sly! Don't think I'm gonna have stops for it sliding all the way out, but I am going to have tabs to stop it from tipping over, Dunno if that's what you meant? But I am going to do it like my last build. That design been working great for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tish View Post
Nah! Smokingj disappeared, but somebody else hooked me up. Want some? Hey, Phrasty! How's the build coming today???
Hey Tish... This week had been so busy! Don't you love it when work start creeping into fun time...? lol such is life. I should get some more done over the weekend. Not counting on any major progress until then. Want to redo the hinges and get some handles on. Think I have a pretty cool idea for that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluehawg View Post
True, but the reason for the math was due to how I'm having to mount the firebox and it not being a reverse flow. Not wanting to be a thread jacker so I will start another thread and take some pics and try to get them posted up as soon as I can but being an ag teacher I don't have a lot of time to work on it except for during shop time so it may take a bit.

BTW Phrasty, thanks for the PM Brotha. It helped me figure things out a little more clearly.
No Problem Brother. Thought you should take a look at this... Could shine some light on the math side for you and offer some proper size ratios for you to work with.

BTW, I was thinking.. since your tank is welded the other way, an easy way to find the straight line of the tank lenth-wise was to level your tank then where your horizontal center mark (from the side) comes around to the front you take your level and mark it off there to get the bottom line for your door. Did that make sense? Im not sure..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean "Puffy" Coals View Post
Another spectacular Phrasty build! Awesome! Subscribed!

Hope everything's going well for you down there, brother. How's the restaurant biz?
Hey Sean, Thanks bro! Everything is good here man. No restaurant yet tho... Still catering. One day tho!

Cheers
1 - 25 gal. self-made vertical smoker
1 - 120 gal. self-made trailer stick-burner

http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/sh...ad.php?t=88599
Phrasty is offline   Reply With Quote