Baby back rib question. Next time??
I smoked a 6 rib slab. They were good, but not "juicy".
Here's what I did: (It was a last minute thing)
1. Out of the freezer and into the microwave (on defrost).
2. Already trimmed, so on with the rub.
3. 15 minutes later, into my 22" Weber Kettle.
4. Briquettes & chips spread about 1/2 way around a very heavy, large, cast iron pan filled with water.
5. Smoked (yes, indirect heat) for 2 3/4 hours @ 230 - 250, when the last coals burned out. Did not open the lid for the entire burn.
6. Then, foiled and put in the oven @ 350 for 1 hour with a little liquid (beer, vinegar, honey).
Nice smoke ring in each rib - great taste. Pulled away from the bone in large pieces, nice texture - BUT NOT JUICY. Can anyone tell me what I should do next time to ensure moist, juicy ribs?