View Single Post
Old 11-23-2011, 07:48 AM   #46
Wampus
somebody shut me the fark up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokinin614 View Post
Alright Brethren... What's the longest period of time you've ever rested a bird after taking it off the smoker? I usually let'em rest for about 45 min loosely foiled on the countertop, but this year I have to travel across town to the parents house...So I am stuck, trying to finish the cook and not be rushed. I've been BBQ'n long enough to realize that one of the worst things you can do is rush a cook. It will be wrapped, and placed in a cooler immediately after pulling it.
This past spring, I did one that ended up being done WAY earlier than I planned......mainly because I'd let the smoker temp get way up to 450! Anyway, it was done in 2 hours and I still hadn't made the taters, gravy and other sides. If I recall, I held in in the pan, foiled for about 2 hours and it was still nice and hot when I carved it. You should be fine.

If you are coolering it, you should REALLY be OK. I'm assuming you're gonna carve it when you get where you're going? That's what I would do if it were me.

"Oh, I donít reject Christ. I love Christ. Itís just that so many of you Christians are so unlike Christ."
-Mahatma Gandhi
Wampus is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->