Thread: Restaurant ?
View Single Post
Old 11-18-2011, 02:28 PM   #2
SirPorkaLot
Babbling Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigg Higg's BBQ View Post
Brethren,
I have been presented with the opportunity to open a restaurant.
14 Tables, Fully equipped kitchen, Walk-in freezer, Walk-in Cooler
Fryers, Flat top grill, flatware, dishes, pots, pans, etc.....
No Smoker or Pit but it does have a concrete area to put one and make it
health department compliant. The Rent is $500.00 per month + utilities, insurance, etc..

The space is located downtown on main street of a small town, population 6000. Corporate office of a bank and Town Hall across the street and the usual small shops line Main St. It has been a restaurant for many years. One of which stayed in business for 15+ years. As of late it has changed hands 4 times. Each new owner not staying in business more than 6 months. There is only one other Barbecue place in town an it aint that good. It has been in business 10+ years.

My potential partner has been in the restaurant business 20 +/- years and at one time operated a decent Barbecue joint although he did not cook he strictly managed.

My concern, well one of my concerns, I have several, is that i cannot work this full time. I have a full-time job and 2 side businesses already. I have my opinions and preferences on how barbecue should be cooked and served. I cant do that with my current time restraints. I could however teach someone the process.

I have no experience running a restaurant.

Your thoughts and opinions ??
You live in the Piedmont area of NC. BBQ is king there, but only if it is good. Posers are quickly found out.

If you are talking Troy (I'm from Albemarle), then 24/27 would be a great draw, but main street not so much, unless you can pull folks in off the highway.

Cooking bbq for the masses takes a lot of love and time. If you don't have both of the above to spare, I would not recommend it.

My 2 Cents

Co-Owner of Naturiffic

Naturiffic Dry Brine Available Here

Giveaways, Recipes & Brethren Only Discounts!
Home of Naturiffic Gourmet Cooking Salts!
Brethren Vendor Forum
SirPorkaLot is online now   Reply With Quote
Thanks from:--->