KCBS Intarnational Initiative will not include me

Well it looks like at least one event is already scheduled and is sponsored by Grill Dome which is a competitor of Big Green Egg. Probably just a coincidence though.

Last year I did organize the cook & judging class in the Netherlands. The Low & Slow BBQ team did the teaching. And they did huge job! with a lot of media attention. So American BBQ was wel promoted here.

As an organizer I did paid for everything because of that I have arranged locall sponsoring, also with Grill Dome as a sponsor for some cookers. It is just coincidence because I had the choice between Primo, BGE and Grill Dome. At the Dutch BBQ championship BGE is our sponsor partner, I am also a co-organizer of this event. So it is not about the brand of cookers.

It looks that is all about the money and about politics. But I know that is about the passion about BBQ and especially American BBQ Low & Slow. That is the reason why I organize this cook & judging class with the Tony Stone Low & Slow competition.

Like my friend from England already said: If we want te compete (like at the Jack) with American teams we need to practice more and learn more. To get a level playingfield. Because KCBS organize 350 competitions a year and there is none in Europe with the same set of rules. I would like to have more KCBS sanctioned compititions in Europe

If KCBS like to participate to expand this through their BOD decission. We entousiastic about this.

But I am funding my own event and I am happy that the Tony Stone Competition will be a KCBS santioned competition. And I if any American team will compete at this event we will give them them the same support and hospetality as we have get at the Jack.

I think this is great Harry and I appreciate you coming here to discuss it. My problem certainly isn't with you. I am very happy to see that you are having this cook-off and I might even attend as a cook.

The only reason I mentioned Grill Dome is because Wayne Lohman said in the BOD meeting that he was concerned about my relationship with Big Green Egg if I were to be part of the KCBS team that came to help you and others in Europe. While Big Green Egg is a large part of what I do, I'm very capable of working without them and I do it all the time.

The problem is this has all been done behind closed doors on the KCBS end. If Wayne wants to help you he is welcome. But when he asked for KCBS money to do these things in Europe it all changed. I'd love to come over and help teach my friends in Europe how to cook the Jack and there are better cooks than me that would be willing too. But instead you're getting a group of folks that have never cooked the Jack.

Seems a lot of focus is on the Jack... Great opportunity for me to throw my hat inthe ring. I mean ive cooked more than a handful of contests as well.

Of course id also be interested in going over for a World Champion class without the KCBS backing. Especially if it was in Amsterdam...:becky:

...Of course id also be interested in going over for a World Champion class without the KCBS backing. Especially if it was in Amsterdam...:becky:

Sounds like you want to go window shopping.... :-D

when i got my first bge, one of the good doctor's books was the first i bought and it's where i got my kicking off point. he's the biggest face of BBQ today (i can't turn on a food station without seeing him, a good thing), so it's everybody's loss that he wasn't included.

Thanks Ray, you are welcome to compete as any American BBQ team, even with or without BGE.:wink:

But instead you're getting a group of folks that have never cooked the Jack.

I think you give them more credit than that. There is a cook on the team who has cooked at the Jack, Memphis in May and serveral other competitions then you know American BBQ. Maybe he has not publiced a book about it but he did cook.

The other teammembers do the judging class. It is the whole package about teaching KCBS rules, cooking, competition.

About the discussion within the KCBS or between you and KCBS it is between you and the KCBS. I was not there but my opinion is just my opinion. It should be about the passion.

Thanks Ray, you are welcome to compete as any American BBQ team, even with or without BGE.:wink:

I think you give them more credit than that. There is a cook on the team who has cooked at the Jack, Memphis in May and serveral other competitions then you know American BBQ. Maybe he has not publiced a book about it but he did cook.

The other teammembers do the judging class. It is the whole package about teaching KCBS rules, cooking, competition.

About the discussion within the KCBS or between you and KCBS it is between you and the KCBS. I was not there but my opinion is just my opinion. It should be about the passion.

Do ya'll have any drums? I never been to the other side of the pond. :wink:

I was not there but my opinion is just my opinion. It should be about the passion.

Even thousands of miles away with no KCBS sanctioned contests, some people get it! Very accurate comment! :thumb::clap2::thumb::clap2::thumb::clap2:

:bored:

Good thing the Honey Badger of BBQ just don't give a sh!t. If he did this thread would probably get ugly. :roll:

No problem to show you Amsterdam:wink:

Im there!!!!. And as long as I dont need to bring my Jack trophy... It's too big.... (that was a good natured jab at my fellow Jack brothers with their tiny GC trophies... ):becky::roll:

Do they sell Jack Silver over there? Im cheap...:thumb:

@Jeff_in_KC

Thanks Jeff, by the way we where standing close behind with our booth (with the pitmaker rig) at the Jack. congrats with your scores.

Im there!!!!. And as long as I dont need to bring my Jack trophy... It's too big.... (that was a good natured jab at my fellow Jack brothers with their tiny GC trophies... ):becky::roll:

Do they sell Jack Silver over there? Im cheap...:thumb:
We will take care of you, no problem

Im there!!!!. And as long as I dont need to bring my Jack trophy... It's too big.... (that was a good natured jab at my fellow Jack brothers with their tiny GC trophies... ):becky::roll::

Scottie is a size queen pass it on :twisted:

and there is none in Europe with the same set of rules.

i have been reading the thread for the last few days and dont want to get involved with the politics at the moment.......... having said that, the British BBQ Society has been using identical rules to KCBS for the last 4 years. We held 4 competitions this year and have 6 in place for 2012.

Everyone is welcome to join us, its about education, experience and fun. As mentioned at the Jack, if there is any way i can help you Harry please let me know.
Cheers
Toby

i have been reading the thread for the last few days and dont want to get involved with the politics at the moment.......... having said that, the British BBQ Society has been using identical rules to KCBS for the last 4 years. We held 4 competitions this year and have 6 in place for 2012.

Everyone is welcome to join us, its about education, experience and fun. As mentioned at the Jack, if there is any way i can help you Harry please let me know.
Cheers
Toby

I always prefer World Championships that include several parts of the world. That being said, what do you hope to gain from KCBS reaching out internationally? What is the state of BBQ across the pond? Is there a plethora of back yard cooks? What kind of participation do you get at your contests? Do you see ribs ever becoming pub food?:becky:

Thanks,

Ken

Back