View Single Post
Unread 11-16-2011, 05:37 PM   #3
Leatherheadiowa
Full Fledged Farker

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

If I am elected to the board I would use the power of numbers to approach some larger corporations and ask for benefits. The first would be Sams Club. How about a 5% discount on meat on grocery items excluding alcohol? I asked my Sams Club manager today if a system wide discount associated with a Sams Club member account number could be done for groceries only and he said it could be done.
How about a vehicle discount? I belong to an organization with a much smaller number of members and with that membership I am entitled to $500.00 off the purchase of most any Ford vehicle. That $500.00 can be applied after rebates.
How about True Value? They have a loyalty program and after talking to my contact at corporate True Value he said it wouldn't be impossible to set up a program for a large group, if corporate approved.
How about a discount from a business that sells work clothing such as Carhart or Dickies? One group I belong to with a larger membership than KCBS has this setup. It is a local store that thrives by offering a discount and has offered the discount for nearly a decade.
How about negotiating corporate rates with Marriott, Hilton, Starwood and other hotel chains?
These are a few examples of where I believe KCBS member benefits could begin. The days of something besides a Bull Sheet and bumper stickers could begin and at some point you may have businesses asking for exclusivity.
If elected I would LOVE to head up an effort to add extra value to membership dues.
Leatherheadiowa is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks from:--->