11-16-2011, 02:51 PM
Join Date: 08-15-11
Location: Montevallo, Al
This is a competition recipe. Adjust the seasonings to suit your taste. Add beans if desired, just not in competition. I gave this to a brother on another site who had never cooked competition before. He won peoples choice with it.
- Brown ground beef in oil.
- Add in broth, bouillon, tomato sauce, onion, 1 teaspoon garlic powder, 2 Tablespoons chili powder, and tabasco.
- Bring to boil, reduce heat and simmer 1 hour.
- Add salt and pepper, onion powder, 1teaspoon Garlic powder, chili powder, 1 tablespoon cumin, paprika, and 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes. Stir and simmer another hour.
- Add remaining cumin and red pepper flakes, stir, and cook 30 more minutes.
- Best if prepared the day before and reheated the next day
"If it ain't from Dixie, it ain't real 'Que"