View Single Post
Unread 11-16-2011, 10:38 AM   #8
Jorge
somebody shut me the fark up.

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by ique View Post
I always thought this was more an issue of approach. Instead of "membership required" make it KCBS members get a discount. And non members get a free membership. ex,

230 for non members
200 for members

Organizer sends $30 to kcbs for that teams membership

I personally think if you are going to compete under a sanctioning body you should be a member.
In a perfect world I agree with you. I'd prefer that at least the head cook be a member. With your proposal the truth is that nobody would get a discount. Somebody is getting an annual fee tacked on to their entry, and we are making the organizer responsible for collecting it. If the organizer has to charge $200 to hit his target, member teams aren't going to be charged $170.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Divemaster View Post
Didn’t KCBS propose something like that a couple of years back? As I recall, there was quite a backlash on it.
I believe the larger factor was that requiring membership would have raised a question about the contest being 'Open'. That in turn has implications for the larger invitational events. EDIT: and there could be some 501C issues as well.

BOOGITY, BOOGITY, BOOGITY!!!

Recipient of a Huggies box!

Shut up, and cook!!!!
Jorge is offline   Reply With Quote