View Single Post
Unread 11-14-2011, 01:15 PM   #13
ModelMaker
is One Chatty Farker

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmprantz View Post
You judge KCBS competitions on a regular basis, correct? I'm asking because as some one who is neither an organizer, rep, nor permanent team member, I would like verification that you have some form of connection to the organization on whose board you hope to sit.

Thanks,

dmp
You wish to have verification? Dave is a dues paying memnber of the KCBS and wishes to become a director of the board to further the goals of same.
That is all that is required.
What you might not know is his tireless ambition to listen and discuss problems in the process. He judges 12 to 15 contests a year in a 4 state region. He is one of the most recognized and respected judges by cook teams in the midwest.

His biggest desire is to get judges to become more involved in the contest process and get the two groups to become a team instead of us & them.
He is constantly talking to judges trying to get them to come around the cook camps Fri. night to meet and visit with them to try and get a feeling for what's involved in cooking. Also, he trys to get them to stick around for awards to cheer on thier new friends and see how it ends as well.

I understand due to your location you not knowing of Dave and his "connection" to KCBS but rest assured his "connection" is above and beyond the norm of a dues paying KCBS member.
I believe he would make a excellent member of the board as he is what a member of a organization should be, careing and involved.
Ed
Extremely seasoned hand hammered Wok
Pit Boss-HART BURN Competition BBQ Team
KCBS certified judge

And Your not the boss of me either!!
ModelMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks from: --->