View Single Post
Old 11-12-2011, 04:13 PM  
Gore
Phizzy

Location: Hiding out from blood suck ghost snake gods, Nazis and scrap iron chefs trying to harvest body parts

When I read this,

Quote:
Normal TD rules apply (like you need me to say that).
Link to video or web page with your inspiration.
Special rules will be made up as we go.

Any entry meeting the above requirements which may be DQ'd from a made up special rule may receive a DQ exemption if and only if said entry was submitted on any day of the week that ends with the letter Y.

Sincerely,
Mr. WW4BBQ
I thought, "Woo hoo!" Thank you WW4BBQ!

I don't watch a whole lot of TV, well, almost none in fact, so it's a bit hard for me to get any inspiration from that direction; however, I did notice a few posts that suggested to me that McRib was back and I seem to remember that McDonald's does advertise on TV (Thanks, Jonny Rotisserie!). I did a quick YouTube search and found that they actually do have McRib commercials and I assume they play these on TV. Here's one that came right up:

McDonalds McRib Commercial - Honeymoon (extended version) - YouTube

Now, it's been over a year since I made a decent size McRib (a la Grand Poobah), so I figure the statute of limitations probably has expired and I can make another one. It's been a long while since I've had a real McRib, so I'll try to copy it as best I can. First of all, McDonald's uses a high-quality rub on their baby back ribs (spares don't work too well for this, they're just not meaty enough).

McDonald's is fast food, so they cook at a high heat, pushing 300*, and they do foil. Here are the ribs after 2 1/2 hours, just before foiling:

After foiling, they sauce their ribs. I normally skip this step, but I'm trying to copy them. I tried to use as generic a sauce as I could think of. I mixed these two (you can also see I diced some onions in the pic):

After nearly 2 hours in the foil, McDonald's applies sauce and puts them directly on the grill for another half hour or so:

When finished, the bones are removed:

and the toppings are added. I recall that McDonald's adds diced onions and pickles:

They are placed in a fresh-baked bun and served up:

I think you'll see that this is virtually indistinguishable from what you'd get at McDonald's.
(='.'=) This is the rabbit baby. Invests him in yours signature,
(")_(") and the help rabbit baby takes over control of the world!
Hmmmm, I wonder, WWGALD? Avatar courtesy of Grillman and NorthwestBBQ

Promoted by Bigabyte to "Idiot #1" , and dubbed "Phizzy" by Sir Ron.
Gore is online now   Reply With Quote
Thanks from: --->