View Single Post
Unread 11-10-2011, 11:24 AM   #4
caliking
is One Chatty Farker

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

I used the water proof adapter thing on my UDS and the lamp parts mod on my Performer (see http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/sh...d.php?t=104368

i actually am going to change the way I use my probes. I'm going to make a very small notch in the rims of the kettle and the UDS. That way, when the meat is done I can just pick up the meat and probes without having to worry about the length of the probe wire if it is threaded through a hole or port in the side of the cooker. Also I can put the probe in the meat, then set the meat on the grate when ready to start cooking, instead of putting the meat on, threading the probe through the hole/port in the side, then putting it in the meat.

The notch will be just enough to accommodate 2 probe wires with a little wiggle room. I doubt there will be issues with heat/air leakage through that small of an opening.
EZ wood handled 3 wheeler | OTS | OTS mod to OTG | Ladybug SS Performer | UglyDrumTandoor | UDS v1 | midi UDS with red nipples | SJG smoker mod | Simpsons SJS | Simpsons OTG | WGA charcoal | SJP | Stacked brick WFO | Lodge Logic Sportsman's Grill cast iron hibachi/sigri | LBGE | sbge | mini bge
caliking is offline   Reply With Quote