View Single Post
Old 11-02-2011, 09:22 AM  
Redhot
is One Chatty Farker

Default Redhot's Surf-N-Surf Birthday Dinner

I've been craving some seafood and thought my birthday was the perfect excuse to splurge a bit. We bought 2 lobster tails and a bag of large scallops to grill up last night. I found a killer marinade/baste recipe to use on the scallops and lobster.
2 tsp. salt
2 tsp. paprika
1/4 tsp. white pepper
1/4 tsp. garlic powder
1 cup olive oil
2 tbsp. lemon juice

I let the scallops sit in this marinade while everything else was prepared

I heated up a jar of Classico Alfredo with added fresh parsley, black pepper and red pepper flakes to drizzle over some fettuccine.

Grilled up some asparagus and made a parsley and lemon butter dip for the lobster.

Now for the tails...

Time to try my first attemp at butterflying a lobster tail. Guerry did the first one and I did the second one.

Wow, that is a pretty presentation! I brushed the marinade on the underside of the meat before laying it on top of the shell. Then a generous brushing on top.

Grill time! The scallops went on first.

Then the lobster, meat side down first for a few minutes...

The flipped and grilled for about another 5-7 minutes (didn't time it).

The fettuccine was drizzled with alfredo sauce and topped with scallops. This was one fantastic birthday meal. We had a glass of wine to go along with it...and I had to have a few candles too!

I'm actually not sure which one I want to use for the TD pic, this time we were WAY more interested in eating it rather than taking pix of it. And man, was it good!!!
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][FONT=Comic Sans MS]GOSM "Bubba Q", Stovetop Smoker "Lazy Girl", ET-73[/FONT][/FONT]
[B][FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=navy]Avatar by NorthwestBBQ[/COLOR][/FONT][/B]
Redhot is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks from: --->