Originally Posted by captndan
When I built mine I think the trailer design took the most engineering. I had the smoker design in my head but it would not fit any trailer I had seen. So, I built the trailer first. Roadworthy and safe were the priorities. All said and done it was not heavy enough on the tongue. The first fix that came to mind was moving the axle. Too much work on a finished rig. The next fix was to build the wood box bigger and keep it full. That worked.
Hey Cap, My priorities was definitely the smoker... mobile or not so I really wasn't in too much of a rush for the trailer.
Anyways I finally found this one and it really is perfect. I moved the axel back and cut the legs of the smoker to sit better on the trailer. I installed her bolted her down over the weekend. Liking how its looking so far. Nice and compact. Weight distribution isn't bad. All I have to do not is paint it black and install a rail and a work shelf. Shouldn't take too long.
Here's where I'm at so far.
Thanks for looking.