Originally Posted by Ron_L
I have a bunch of questions...
1. Was it a pre-brined turkey? (i.e., treated with some sort of 'self-basted' solution) YES THAT IS WHY I USED LESS KOSHER SALT, JUST LIKE THE VIDEO.
2. What type of fuel and wood (and how much wood) did you use?
KINGSFORD BLUE WITH 2 TINY PIECES OF CHERRY (ABOUT THE SIZE OF 2 STICKS OF BUTTER)
3. How confident are you of the UDS temp? 2 hours for 10 lbs does seem fast. CHECKED THE ET732 ON BOILING WATER AND IS RIGHT ON AT 212
4. "It looked good. Tasted bad". That really doesn't tell us much. What was bad about it? Too salty? Too bland? What was it that you didn't like?
TASTED LIKE RUBBER, TOO WET, TASTED UNDER COOKED. YOU COULD OF TOLD ME I WAS EATING CAMEL.
5. I gotta ask... Was it refrigerated while in the brine? I'm sure it was, but i gotta ask YES IT WAS.