Thread: Rules questions
View Single Post
Unread 10-26-2011, 12:55 AM   #2
Jeff_in_KC
somebody shut me the fark up.

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

I'm taking a stab at the first one - I would think once you put the meat on, you're asking for trouble if you use any type of "assistance", even if it is removed by taking off the middle section of the WSM. So how is the rule meant to be interpreted? Rules say propane or electric is permitted as fire starters as long as the competition meat is not in/on the cooking device. But does that mean you can take it all out once you've started and continue to use propane to relight coals and then put it back on? Or is it once the meat is in/on the cooker, propane is prohibited under any circumstances? I'd want clarification before you tried it and if you're using propane to light coals on a smoker other teams have seen going all night, you're probably asking for a face to face with the rep to explain yourself. I think I'd avoid it regardless. As for the cheese in your sauce, I believe you'd just need to make sure the pieces were smaller than 1/8 inch. The rules only refer to "chunky sauce" and do not define what chunks can be made up of.
KCBS Member #14287
Jeff_in_KC is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks from:--->