View Single Post
Unread 10-24-2011, 10:22 AM   #104
Ron_L

Downloads: 1
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by zacman View Post
Great tutorial. Here is my question do you have to trim them? I have done two racks so far and I just trim off the fat and throw the whole thing on. I have one more rack in the Freezer that I try this with but just wondering if just cooking the whole slab is OK. Comes out a bit messy but tasty
Of course it OK to cook the whole slab! I trim mine because some folks don't like having to eat around the cartilage. I either eat the rib tips or use the meat for other things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by morgaj1 View Post
Great tutorial. I just trimmed 2 racks with your advice. I have one question though. Any tips for separating the silver skin from the membrane that holds the ribs together? On the first slab today, I pulled the membrane and the silver skin away from the 2 small, end bones.
I take a butter or kitchen knife (not sharp) and work it under the membrane near one end of the rack and twist it to separate the membrane enough to slip a finger in there and then use my finger to get that end loose. Then I use a paper towel to improve my grip and pull it off.

Unwrap me!
Smoke me!
Eat me!

The Naked Fatty!

FEC-100/BWS Party/Memphis Pro SS/PBC/LBGE X 2/SBGE/Mini BGE/Nomad Pellet-matic/Good-One Model 42/WSM X 2/Cookshack Smokette 008/Weber Performer/Saber Cast 500/Weber Gasser (RIP)/Weber Kettle X 2/Weber Smokey Joe/WGA/UDS/Coffee Roasting Gasser

Remembering a friend
Ron_L is offline   Reply With Quote