View Single Post
Unread 10-23-2011, 01:29 PM   #22
Kathy's Smokin'
is One Chatty Farker

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Hi!

Tortaboy, I am definitely in your crowd with the grilled beef and if I did post my own grilled beef pron, I imagine the din and chorus would have words like "overcooked, dry, shoe leather, burned, ruined". Sigh. To me my cooked steaks are juicy, flavourful and gorgeous. There is a point of no return for me (charcoal) but the friendly joking of the medium rare crowd starts in miles before that. Thanks to the powers that be we have a choice. I'd go hungry if I found my only option was to eat a grilled steak that had pink in the middle. Roast beef from the oven, same thing -- no pink or I'm making a peanut butter sandwich instead. On occasion I have choked down a steak with a mid stroke of pink to save someone's feelings but it makes me feel a little sick inside and I can't look at it very much. Not a nice way to feel while eating what is otherwise a beautiful steak. You can send all of your 'overcooked' beef to me to feast on and I will give good thanks and be grateful while I stuff myself. Mmmmm.
Inspiration, boisterous merriment and good food are what Brethren Throwdowns are about!
I got a ZERO for the best back bacon I've ever tasted!

Walk in beauty, Dan Chambers.

Hi!
Kathy's Smokin' is offline   Reply With Quote