View Single Post
Unread 10-16-2011, 10:31 PM   #11
colonel00
Quintessential Chatty Farker

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoothsmoke View Post
Thanks for the info. I'd love to try hunting, it's on my bucket list for sure. Hopefully I can get some deer meat at a local market. If I like it, I'm definitely going to try and hunt.
A trip like we took was definitely about the hunt but that was not the end all be all. To be honest, that last several years we have been unsuccessful on our hunts (mostly because we were bow hunting) but the trip, the stories, the camaraderie and the sense of accomplishment are what truly make it enjoyable. After three days on the mountain we had not gotten anything and were running low on water. Facing the inevitable trip down none of us were upset that we had not harvested an animal yet. I got to sit on a cliff every day and watch the day start and end. If you look at some of the other photos on the album you can see some of the amazing views that I was blessed with the opportunity of enjoying. The harvest of the animal is just a bonus.
WWWWFBBQADD
0 out of 1 members found this post helpful

I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives. ― Ralph Waldo Emerson
colonel00 is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->