View Single Post
Unread 08-20-2005, 10:38 PM   #29
Ron_L

Downloads: 1
Uploads: 0
Default Re: RE: Re: RE: Turkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by txpgapro
I do whole turkey all the time. Probably my best Q. Inject with a can of apple juice concentrate that has been thawed. Rub lightly with your favorite rub and don't forget the inside of the bird as well. Cut three apples in half and stuff in the cavity. Smoke using apple wood or chips for at least the first 4 hours. Discard the apples prior to carving. I personally do not foil my bird until the very end. Then I will wrap it and set it in cooler for an hour or so prior to carving. Without a doubt, the most flavorful and moist turkey you will ever eat. You will get calls to smoke more turkeys if anyone trys it.
I'll have to try the AJ concentrate injection. I like to put an apple, an onion, a cut up carrot and a stalk of celery into the cavity. The apple and the aromatics give the meat a nice flavor.

Unwrap me!
Smoke me!
Eat me!

The Naked Fatty!

FEC-100/BWS Party/Memphis Pro SS/PBC/LBGE X 2/SBGE/Mini BGE/Nomad Pellet-matic/Good-One Model 42/WSM X 2/Cookshack Smokette 008/Weber Performer/Saber Cast 500/Weber Gasser (RIP)/Weber Kettle X 2/Weber Smokey Joe/WGA/UDS/Coffee Roasting Gasser

Remembering a friend
Ron_L is offline   Reply With Quote