View Single Post
Unread 10-10-2011, 04:06 PM   #33
stlgreg
Take a breath!

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cokyjara View Post
I wonder what the future of this event would be and how the teams would of felt if the event had only advertised the $18,400 payout? Still good money. I wonder if all the teams would of still came for $18,400????? I would guess this thing could of been a real positive instead of a negative if more realistic numbers would of been advertised for payout. I would expect a little change in KCBS rules and procedures to insure funds are really available. Sounds like this guy could of just faked having the money longer since many contests take weeks to finally mail checks.

It sounds like letting this info go until after turn-ins would of been better in the long run. The meeting and distraction messed up some time lines, thus affecting quality of meat. KCBS wanted to not sit on the info so it didn't look like they had concealed anything after the fact. Bad situation for all involved.
My understanding is the KCBS BOD said the meeting had to take place to give any team a chance to opt out (which one team did take) - We can sit here and talk about someone else shoulda coulda woulda but it doesnt matter.
KCBS Certified Judge #21812
FEC100
1 UDS Smoker
1 Char Griller w/o side fire box
Hog's Wart School BBQ Team
http://www.bbqsaucereport.com (43 sauces and counting!)
stlgreg is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->