View Single Post
Unread 10-10-2011, 11:42 AM   #28
Southern Home Boy
is One Chatty Farker

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jorge View Post
That's a great idea, but Buffet is a hard 'get' or has been in the past. I'll believe that one when I see it.
Agreed. I'll have a hard time believing anything from this particular organizer after this.

To be fair, though, from a competitor's standpoint, they really tried to make it nice. The site sizes were upgraded and they had a lot of volunteers who were always willing to fetch water and ice for the teams.

Aside from the money thing, there was - from what I could see anyway - only a minor issue with the electric and one of the volunteers' 5-6 yr. old daughter tried to drive one of the golf carts and ended up running into one of the competitor's truck.

I think the organizer just tried to do too much and overextended themselves. That and a lack of marketing probably doomed this event.

The big lesson here, I think, is start small, gain the momentum and make sure you can do what you promise you'll do.

Otherwise you'll end up like this organizer: slipping out the back door and watching your back the whole way.
Pro Q Frontier, UDS (Little Red), "Turtle Drum" UDS, CG Gasser KCBS CBJ#61160
Southern Home Boy is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->