View Single Post
Unread 10-09-2011, 12:06 AM   #3
swamprb
somebody shut me the fark up.

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIRTYBIRDZ View Post
Awesome! If I was going to build a mini with a silver smokey Joe do you use charcoal grate or just dump charcoal in bowl? Or is the Gold just a better option?
IMHO it all depends what type of cook you are trying to achieve. I've used both, this setup is a prototype from Cajun Bandit with a steel charcoal ring, SJS bottom vent.

I rarely do low n slow cooks on this Mini, its my reverse sear machine, but I have another that is geared for low temp cooks that I patterned after the SJG.

Ash accumulation can clog the vents of an SJS, so I used chrome hole plugs to cover the bottom vent, and drilled three 3/4" holes where the SJG vents would be located. My Mini UDS was the inspiration and I am very happy with the results. I use the same magnets to regulate the intake.

Used expando to make a charcoal ring.

Your mileage may vary.
KCBS CBJ/PNWBA CBJ www.pnwba.com
swamprb is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->