View Single Post
Unread 10-08-2011, 04:47 PM   #71
pinkelephant
Full Fledged Farker

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoEzzy View Post
I tried not to slam you... I tried to point out what a throwdown means to me, and to most of those that have taken part in them in the past.

If you think this is trying to get along... we are on different pages again.

I put a post explaining my view of throwdowns, I also explained that I thought Dan did the right thing by standing by his word to you, I also tried to explain that I doubted that the voters would read my thoughts about throwdowns and they could vote their conscience... if you actually are getting along, call it your BIL's cook, and if it wins put it in his name... I don't think you can see that paying for the meat does not make it in what has always been the idea behind a throwdown. So you can keep prodding it with a pitchfork, but it's still not what a throwdown has always been, and hopefully what throwdowns will continue to be.

Thinking of it as a throwndown, I don't think it fits in the mold.

As a cook for your extended family, I thought it was great to see, from walking around with the pig, to husking the coconuts and building the fire, it was fun to see how they do it, the sides, wine and family all make for a great informative photo essay.

If your BIL joined the site, and had posted it as his turn in for the throwdown, thanks to your generosity, it would have been his cook and you wouldn't have heard a quibble from me.

It's interesting that you wouldn't diss me in my house, but you're happy to do it here, well that's fine, I won't diss you further here, I'll save it for the other place.

As a cook for your extended family, I thought it was great to see, from walking around with the pig, to husking the coconuts and building the fire, it was fun to see how they do it, the sides, wine and family all make for a great informative photo essay.
I have been spending a year trying to get on your good side. Your the boss and I respect the decisions involved. You spend a lot more time with the hammer than with the complements. I was looking forward to day 1 of the voting. You could have come to me with a PM explaining your views before that. water under the bridge. time to cook some pizza!

If I put a link in the original throwdown post to the moved location, can I make a thread like this in the general BBQ section? (no double anything)