View Single Post
Unread 10-06-2011, 01:55 PM   #6
Dave Russell
is One Chatty Farker

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kings over Queens View Post
I'm not familiar with that particular model, but my first smoker was an offset, and I hated it. Hindsight being what it is I would have been much better off with a WSM.

I had a hard time regulating the heat in my offset, and it seemed that no matter what fuel I used (briquettes, lump or firewood) I always had to babysit it. The grates closest to the firebox always cooked hotter and it was a flat out mess to clean afterwards. These things plus it's big and heavy and was a pain to move around (not enough room on my patio).

I'm 100 times happier with my new WSM.
Happy for ya, and I know where you're coming from since I've had two cheap offsets and now do most of my bbq on a wsm. However, as much as I like my wsm, I've never been able to duplicate the smoke flavor that I can get off a stickburner. Of course, I want a better rib cooker, too. While stickburning for thin blue smoke in offsets is quite "hands on", it's my favorite way to bbq if I have the time.