View Single Post
Unread 09-30-2011, 11:42 PM   #18
Ground Pounder
Full Fledged Farker

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Boogiesnap, here's another idea that might better suit you starting out.

Find a local, small-scale restaraunt or bar & grill in your area, and offer to partner with them on a weekend barbeque menu - a type of "add-on" to their normal business.

While it may sound a bit difficult, it may be just the ticket to what you're trying to accomplish.

If I were to do it, I might approach it this way: Think of your pitmaster skills as a service. Offer to provide the equipment and labor to prepare and cook the food for a set fee. Allow the restaraunt to cover the food costs, and reap the benefits from an expanded menu. Work with the owners and/or managers on exactly what you would require as far as quality and quantity of food.

In essence, you're like the house band, or in today's world, a karaoke guy. You're not a directly employee of the restaraunt or bar, but you provide an add-on attraction to their business. You maintain a certain level of responsiblity, and work in cooperation with the existing business to expand their offering. And by doing so, you're paid for your services.

Not saying it would be easy, but it may be a more simple and direct approach from a business-standpoint to get to where you want to be - which is offering your 'Q to the public.

Good luck on your ventures!