View Single Post
Unread 09-28-2011, 08:20 PM   #3
big brother smoke
somebody shut me the fark up.

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooner View Post
So yeah, I love BBQ, wanna fight about it? I cook at home, I cook for the family, I do some comps, blah blah.

In my town everyone who sells pellet grills sells Traeger's. And I do mean everyone. So, I did some research, got off my butt and put a little money into getting the only Green Mountain Grills dealership in town.

I have a full time job working at the family business and I do the pellet grill thing on the side. I keep em stored in the warehouse at work and sometimes people call and say "hey man, can we come by and look at a grill"?

Long story short, the infrequency of the calls is slightly disappointing, and as I am constantly yearning to be a little more involved in all things BBQ I am considering trying my hand at some "very light" weekend catering gigs.

When I say light I mean cooking meat in an FEC100 in the garage, cooking sides in my oven, putting chit into a cambro, driving it to said bachelor party, slapping some high fives, glancing at the stripper and rolling out.

I don't want to have to come back for anything. I'm confident in my Q, got some amazing baked beans that the wife makes, and my cole slaw I will put against anyone .

Sooooo, before you all doze off from reading my life story, how does a tiny caterer just cook a couple events a month out of an FEC in the garage and an electric Kenmore in the kitchen? I really don't want to have to pay for a website and all that. I will however bend to peer pressure and buy some business cards.

Can it be done? Story at 11.
Yes, but you are risking the loss of all assets by not cooking onsite, approved kitchen, etc per your HD.

You need insurance, hot and cold serve equipment and the list goes on....

And, gasp, you may need a website.

https://www.bigpoppasmokers.com/stor...nufacturer=314