View Single Post
Unread 09-27-2011, 10:58 AM   #18
R2Egg2Q
is One Chatty Farker

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by primeggister1 View Post
How did your Pizza's turnout? I have't been on here that long. Just looking to make some new friends. Thirdeye suggested I join this forum. How do you like it here in comparion to the greeneggers.com?
Welcome aboard to a fellow Eggfest chef!

It was the best pizza I've cooked on my Egg but I've only cooked maybe 6 of them total in my Egg so Iím by no means a pizza cooking expert. Next time I think I will roll the crust a little flatter as we like our crust a little thinner and I'll probably try a blend of cheeses and another topping.

As for this forum, I like it more here than greeneggers. Here's my reasons why:

-I have several different makes/types of cookers and this forum isnít as cooker specific
-I like the look, feel & function of the interface better here
-It is compatible with Tapatalk which I like on the iphone
-The moderators are more active here keeping things in order better (IMO)
-I enjoy the weekly Throwdowns here. They really inspire me to try new things.
-Iíve made a lot more friends here and there are several brethren local allowing us to get together for bashes

Although I prefer to spend more time here, there are a few guys that appear to be as equally comfortable (and respected) here as they are at greeneggers. Some that come to mind are: Thirdeye, Ross In Ventura, Hoss, and deepsouth.

I think you'll like it here!

XL BGE, Large BGE, Small BGE, Mini BGE, Superior Smokers SS-Two, Hasty Bake Gourmet, Imperial Kamado, UDS (Darth Maul), Thai Charcoal cooker, Webers: 18.5" WSM, 22.5" OTG, WGA, Summit S-620 NG; Stoker, Rocket Red Backlit Thermapen, custom BGE & Weber handles by brethren martyleach

CLICK HERE to join us in a BBQ Brethren Throwdown!
R2Egg2Q is offline   Reply With Quote