View Single Post
Unread 09-26-2011, 10:25 AM   #68
kcmike
is one Smokin' Farker

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by plethoraofpinatas View Post
My order arrived on Saturday and I couldn't resist putting a pinch on my tongue....

KABOOM that was some flavor! I normally shy away from habanero spices and sauces because I only get the heat, never any really good flavor. With the Oakridge BBQ rub I tasted chiles, paprika, and sugar up front, then when the celery salt started to come through the habanero heat started to rise. The heat was strong but not more than I expected. The real surprise was the flavor profile, it was better than any habanero spice/sauce i've ever had. I can't wait to grill some Habanero Death Wings this weekend!
Thanks! That's exactly what I was aiming for. I too have had enough with all the "all heat no flavor" products out there. I'm thrilled that it sounds like we hit the mark with this little special project...

Thanks!
Mike

By the way... you were dead-on about the celery and salt, however since we would never use a pre-blended celery salt in our products, what you were tasting was fresh celery and sea salt in just the right proportions...

~ Visit Oakridge BBQ ~

Lang 84D
22" WSM
Oaklahoma Joe 20x40
22" Weber Kettle
kcmike is offline   Reply With Quote