View Single Post
Unread 09-22-2011, 11:07 PM   #10
gtr
somebody shut me the fark up.

Downloads: 2
Uploads: 0

You can go low and slow, hot and fast, use whatever kind of rub or wood - that's all stuff you will get different answers on and you can dial that stuff in to your liking over time. One thing will never change, which is you have to cook a brisket until it's probe tender - a probe slides in with very little resistance in the thick part of the flat - and it should rest - you will get different answers on that too - I like to rest at least an hour. Clocks and therms are good tools for letting you know when to check with a probe.

I found bigabyte's tutorial to be of immense help and Mr. Bob does beautiful work - his pron his amazing and I'm sure the food tastes at least as good as it looks. Pitmaster T is a wealth of knowledge as well.

Another thing that will never change is that burnt ends are awesome.
50" Klose BYC, 22.5 WSM, Backwoods Chubby, UDS, 26" & 22.5" Weber Kettles, Jumbo Joe, WGA, WSJ/MUDS, Jumbo Old Smokey, a piece of expanded metal I throw over the fire pit sometimes, Stealthy Black & Vol Orange Thermapens
Displaced East Tennesseean
Proud recipient of a Tick
Former outlaw MOINK baller, now IMBAS Certified, but still lookin' over my shoulder.
Golden Goose Egg - Got 2 in the nest baby!
SPFP
Mayzie's keeping an eye out for you!
WTFWGALD?
gtr is offline   Reply With Quote