View Single Post
Old 09-18-2011, 11:04 PM  
Jonny Rotisserie
Full Fledged Farker
Default Pine Bluff chicken

Hey guys! Long time, no enter…

I was glad to see a category come up this week I could fit into. Going on cooking surface, my rotisserie is 33” long by ½” diameter. And as we all know (by searching on Google because we no longer have a CLUE)…

Surface Area of a Cylinder = 2 pi r 2 + 2 pi r h
(h is the height of the cylinder, r is the radius of the top)
Surface Area = Areas of top and bottom +Area of the side
Surface Area = 2(Area of top) + (perimeter of top)* height
Surface Area = 2(pi r 2) + (2 pi r)* h

The formula is only slightly less complicated than that used for counting the half life of TD Zeros. (Ask Bigabyte for his proprietary formula for calculating this).

I dropped the area of the top and bottom because they are not usable cooking surfaces. Thus…( 2 x 3.141592 x 0.25”) x 33” gets me a grand total of 51.8”. I’m in, right?

This weekend I was cooking the Smoke on the Water BBQ competition in Pine Bluff, AR. Here is my cook session under way…

The wood is peach, hickory and a dab of apple. The mysterious foiled neighbor next to the chicken and ribs was my (struggling) pork shoulder. The brisket had already come off.

Here is my chicken turn in:

I am most very pleased to report that I got my first call ever with this entry. It netted me 11thplace …YIPPEE!!

I will laugh my butt off if it nets me a zero here. I can only keep my fingers crossed.

--Jonny Rotisserie
Auspit, Spitmate, Rib-o-Lator. Fire Fishin' Pole. [URL=""][/URL]
Jonny Rotisserie is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks from: --->