View Single Post
Unread 09-18-2011, 10:16 PM   #9
dodgeramsst2003
Full Fledged Farker

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by razrbakcrzy View Post
I did a 100 person wedding reception for my son and daughter in law, we did 2 smoked pork shoulders, 1 beef brisket, 2 oven roasted beef butts with potatos and carrots, 10 lbs smoked hotwings with sides of baked mac, scalloped potatoes, mac salad, green salad & dinner rolls, 3 deserts, Ice Cream, gooey browies with cholate sauce, whipperd cream & cherries and wedding cake(not included in price) $300-400 all in for food...

Here's where the cost really are, we rented chaffing dishes and drink dispensers from a local party rental store...$125.00, Plates, cups, forks & napkins another $50.00-$75.00.
That's where I luck out. My mom and her husband buy everything because they have a party once a year and they like to impress. I will borrow their chafing dishes, drink dispenser, commercial popcorn machine, tables, chairs, and tents.

Right now I am planning on 100, but I'm thinking that it might be a smaller crowd. I figure at 100 people I need 25 lbs of finished pork (so start with 50 lbs, two bags of meatballs (60-70 per bag), two bags of chicken tenderloins, 50 jalapeno peppers (yields 100 ABT's), two packages of little smokeys, two tubs of cream cheese, and approx 9-10 lbs of bacon to wrap it all in. obviously this is probably overkill, but I DON'T want to run out of food.

There will be two half pans of beans, my neighbor is a caterer so I'll have her help with the cole slaw amount, and how much cornbread I'll need. I'll adjust the amounts as I get a better count on the number of people attending.

We've planned cornhole, horseshoes, ladder golf and today my friend who is helping put in a call to a friend that owns a party rental company for a bounce house for the kiddos (and drunken adults) The game/games will be on a projector on the garage door and probably a big screen that a friend has offered up for the cause as well as one or two smaller tv's that I have. I have two patio heaters, and a fire pit to keep everyone warm since this is all outside in Oct in MI.

all in all it's coming together nicely. People are excited since they've already tasted my cooking.
- Homebuilt cold smoker, Cookshack SM008.
- 250 gal oil drum cut and waiting for me to build it
- (3) more 250 gal oil drums waiting for me to go get them.
- Custom offset in progress.
Link To The Build: http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/sh...ad.php?t=71893
dodgeramsst2003 is offline   Reply With Quote