View Single Post
Old 09-18-2011, 05:02 PM  
somebody shut me the fark up.

Here is my entry for the MINI throwdown.

I picked up some Hatch chili peppers.

I started by roasting the peppers to remove the skins.

Once the peppers were nicely charred I put them in a sealed container to rest. Then, I put on some olive oil, onions, and garlic.

When the onions and garlic had cooked for a little while I added the ground beef and the 1st seasoning dump of some chili powder, oregano, and chervil. I prefer to use Mexican oregano but I can't find it in any stores in my town anymore.

Once the meat had browned, I added some pureed San Marzano tomatoes, black beans, kidney beans, and some beef broth.

I let it simmer while I skinned the peppers, removed the seeds and chopped them. Then, I added them to the pot.

I let the pot continue to simmer. About 30 minutes before finishing the cook, I added another dump of seasonings that included some Hatch chili powder.

When the chili was ready, I covered the dutch oven and set it aside. Then, I made some corn cakes.

And, here is the finished dish. It was rich, spicy, and very good, if I do say so myself.

Hatch Chili con Carne with Beans

Operation BBQ Relief Founding Member - I am Obsessive Compulsive about BBQ. Google it.

Last edited by Boshizzle; 09-18-2011 at 06:52 PM..
Boshizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks from: --->