Need Help on cooking Brisket
Hi Everyone..Well ran a brisket yesturday for a second time & it didnt come out as I planned. This is what I did.
1. Bought 8.5 lb Brisket from local butcher
2. Trimmed off all fat to make leaner.
3. Seasoned Brisket overnight and cut in half to save on cooking time
4. Put on smoker @ 250 for 5 hrs.
5. (Ribs were put on also at same time) Temp did fluctuate between 210-260 over the course of 5 hrs. Have to add wood ex....Temp remained constant for most of cooking.
6. Brisket was pulled off and rested for 45min then cut into.
7. Nice smoke ring. was alittle tough in pulling brisket apart & was dry.
I heard beef bulon cubes can be used to rehydrate. Any thoughts on what to do differently and/or suggestions. Maybe I am doing something totally wrong or I am missing a step. Thanks for the help.