BBQ Brethren "Eggs" Throwdown!

When I think of eggs the first thing that comes to mind is breakfast. With that being said, my little brain couldn't come up with anything more creative than a basic good old plate of eggs, sausage and hash browns. I've never tried doing them on the smoker so this is my first shot.

First off the ingredients:

imgp1318r.jpg

I figured I'd give Yardbird a try for a little more flavor:

imgp1328p.jpg

I took a page from a few other people and decided to put the eggs in dishes and basically poach them. I added a little bacon grease to the dishes so they wouldn't stick. Eggs, sausage and hash browns all seasoned and ready to go:

imgp1320.jpg

Got the smoker up to temp. I'm sure the neighbors are thinking WTF is he doing at 5:30 in the morning. At least I wasn't standing out there in my boxers for a change:

imgp1325m.jpg

On the grill they go:

imgp1327n.jpg

I ended up stoking the heat up to about 275 to get things cooking. I set the timer for half an hour and when I came out everything was done. I figured it would take longer so it's a good thing I used the timer. Here are the results (money shot):

imgp1329a.jpg

The Yardbird really gave the meal a nice flavor, and the half an hour of smoke helped as well. The egg yokes were a touch more done than I would have prefered, but all in all still very tasty. Next time I'll probably pull them off a couple minutes earlier. The sausage was a little pink in the middle which I like, and the hash browns were nice and crunchy.

Thanks for looking and please grant me my wish for a zero... :heh:

Wow, a nice flurry of entries.

I love spanish tortillas, Phu. A lot of Mercans don't know what they are.

I haven't had any breakfast today, and right now, I would love to have one of those ham and egg cups (drool).

CD

My second attempt is in the final stages of planning!

HEY, where is this most amazing, best throwdown entry ever, egg breakthrough from bigabyte?

I've been waiting all week for it. Is this another case of right winger lots of talk with no walk?

One day left... yes, I said "left."

CD :becky:

A NJ Special

OK I'm in! I have smoked eggs before and I really didn't see any advantage as they came out like a hard boiled egg.

So I decided to make a classic New Jersey Taylor Ham and Egg. No you will see that the box says Taylor Pork Roll. NO NO NO, it is called Taylor Ham. Never ever call it anything else unless you are trying to tell some one where to find it.

It's made in Trenton NJ and for years not too many knew our secret, but now it's found in many places, including Publix here in FLA.

I got a lot of help from a foil hat egg. I heard that foil hats help certain people get more votes. I figured it couldn't hurt. Here is the stuff I used.

EggStuff.jpg

Next it went on the Performer. I used an egg ring to keep the egg round. This sammie is usually served on a roll which would be round. Not having a roll I used bread. Foil Hat said that was OK. Notice he is watching! :clap2:

EggOn.jpg

Egg and Taylor Ham is on and cooking nicely. Next here it is assembled.

OpenFace.jpg

And ready to eat. :clap2::clap2:

Sammie.jpg

What a really good Sammie! :clap2::clap2::clap2:

Chris, you pick the shot from the last two. Thanks all, vote for me.:laugh:

HEY, where is this most amazing, best throwdown entry ever, egg breakthrough from bigabyte?

I've been waiting all week for it. Is this another case of right winger lots of talk with no walk?

One day left... yes, I said "left."

CD :becky:
Wait for it....:becky:

Ok, I am hungry again. All these egg entries really get me. Thanks Jim :thumb:

I decided to make a classic New Jersey Taylor Ham and Egg.

It's Pork Roll, not Taylor Ham. You must be from the wrong end of the turnpike. :rolleyes:

And, ketchup? :icon_smile_tongue:

Other than that, it looks tasty. I need to pick up some Pork Roll this week at Kroger. :-D

CD

It's Pork Roll, not Taylor Ham. You must be from the wrong end of the turnpike. :rolleyes:

And, ketchup? :icon_smile_tongue:

Other than that, it looks tasty. I need to pick up some Pork Roll this week at Kroger. :-D

CD

Spoken like a Texan who has never been on the Turnpike.:laugh:

And yes Ketchup. Try it sometime. KISS principle.:clap2::clap2::clap2:

Spoken like a Texan who has never been on the Turnpike.:laugh:

And yes Ketchup. Try it sometime. KISS principle.:clap2::clap2::clap2:

I live in Texas, but I am NOT a Texan.

I was actually born in Glassboro. -- been on the turnpike many, many times.

I do love me a Pork Roll and egg sandwich, and yours looks GREAT... just hold the ketchup on mine, please. :becky:

cD

Back