So for venting we drilled out 5 holes and used pipe fittings. We have 3 in the back running along the drum. Then we have one one each side of the drum. Also keep in mind one side has the 3" hole still there as well. The reason why we went this route than making weber style venting was clean up. I didnt want ash to fall on the shelf underneath it and exit the drum. I wanted to be able to scoop the ash out of the bottom of the drum. Also living in the windy city is gets just that. Some of my webers will kcik up ash and soot on a good windy day so Im hoping this will keep that from happening as well. This all in theory of course and I havent fired it up as of yet and still need to do a nice burnout on it.
Here you can see the 3 vents running a long the back. Im hoping this will be enough airflow.
I have the option to open the smaller pipe fitting or open the 3" hole on the drum. Im hoping there is enough options to have some slight control.
So up next is to do a good burn out on this baby and season it up. Have to see how these air vents will work out for me. Will keep you guys posted on this.
Sent from my HTC Glacier using Tapatalk