Wait, I finished? How can this be? I never thought i'd make it to the end, but I did it. Thank goodness i took notes and remember hat I read. Just sourcing a drum, and then it's off to the races.
Some things of note:
* I laughed mightily when around page 60 when people started saying "OMG this thread is long!"
* Lots of ways to do the same things: i.e. exhaust, intake, charcoal basket, etc etc etc.
* seattlepitboss suggested http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/sh...postcount=2904
here to boil a lned drum with half a box of cascade. Never saw anybody try it. Did I miss that?
* 4Dueces Nadine Jensen avatar. Just sayin'.
* Reading the entire thread is absolutely 100% worth it. Yes, all the basic knowledge is contained in the early pages, but the same problems pop up over and over again. So much so that if I run into any problems with my build, i'll already know the answer before asking it.
* DalekDS, me likey. :)
I think that's about it. My brain has sublimated into tapioca, i'ma go soak in the hot tub.