View Single Post
Unread 08-24-2011, 07:12 PM   #8520
InTheRedZoneBBQ
Knows what a fatty is.

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Templar View Post
I found a food grade mineral oil drum for $10.00 and a slightly damaged but easy to fix Weber 22.5 kettle grill for $35.00 new in box. It took me a couple of days to complete but man is this thing impressive. As usual the wife didn't like the money being spent or that it's another one of my "projects" but all was forgiven when she tasted the pork loin. I had to add a band of 2 inch flat steel bolted around the inside of the top so the the Weber kettle lid fits decently. It does leak some smoke around the lid in a couple of areas but I have no problem controlling the temp. For it's maiden voyage I smoked a dry rubbed pork loin for about 2 1/2 to 3 hours until the internal temp was 160. I then wrapped it in aluminum foil to rest off of the heat until dinner about an hour later. The UDS's temp maxed out at 250 while it was unattended. Regardless of the slightly higher than wanted temp the pork loin was juicy, fork tender, and very smokey. The best part were the sandwiches made with the leftovers the next day. The picture is only half of the pork loin.
That looks awesome! Definitely my next project (after reading all 500+ pages!)
InTheRedZoneBBQ is offline   Reply With Quote