BBQ Brethren "Beef Ribs" Throwdown!

That is a killer first entry. I'm not sure if I'm going to find any good ribs, so I may have to cook some of those little bitty things the colonel saw at Sam's. Maybe serve them with some little bitty sides on a little bitty plate.

Yeah, I know I have seen some dino bones around here somewhere but its been so long since I have even looked for them that I just don't remember. I am sure RD has them but that us just soooooo far :roll:

Yeah, I know I have seen some dino bones around here somewhere but its been so long since I have even looked for them that I just don't remember. I am sure RD has them but that us just soooooo far :roll:
Cool, pick some up for me too!:thumb:

Found some...at Walmart :tsk: Will have to see how this goes :crazy:

IMAG0498.jpg

There is a good chance that this could be the best photo of these ribs from here on out...

Tease. :tsk:

Nope, that's it. That is my entire entry as it is destined to only go down hill from here. :becky: These things are scrawny and I will be surprised if I end up with any meat at all when its done. I am guessing it will be some nice ones with good bark and that will be just about it.

Nope, that's it. That is my entire entry as it is destined to only go down hill from here. :becky: These things are scrawny and I will be surprised if I end up with any meat at all when its done. I am guessing it will be some nice ones with good bark and that will be just about it.

It just so happens that some of us think the bark is the best part. If there's nothing but bark, that can be to your advantage. And besides, you've got to smoke them or else you'll get DQ'ed -- hey, wait a minute, you're not trying to get in on my racket are you? :boxing:

It just so happens that some of us think the bark is the best part. If there's nothing but bark, that can be to your advantage. And besides, you've got to smoke them or else you'll get DQ'ed -- hey, wait a minute, you're not trying to get in on my racket are you? :boxing:

Well, it is kinda hot out today and a dilly bar sure does sound good. And, just because you are the dilly bar master doesn't mean you automatically get to be the dilly bar hoarder...

Fine, here, is this better? I haven't checked them in a while so they are probably gone now. This will have to do I think.

IMAG0500.jpg

Hmm, the rub seems to have migrated towards the crack. I guess this is natural. Who doesn't like to rub the crack.

Just when I am on the road this week!
I will have to live vicariously through the amazing posts here!
Good luck all.

Looks like I might not be able to do this one. :sad: Unless I get creative.....

Looks like I might not be able to do this one. :sad: Unless I get creative.....

Well, I can tell you this, don't try the Walmart ribs! Speaking of, I need to check on those suckers and see if they are done...

I just love those beef ribs..... I keep smelling them cooking over at R2EGG2Q's house across the street. I just might have to see if I can find some of those beauties!

I'm thinking they're All-Bark Ribs by now.

Well, you did say that people LOVE bark :becky:

The UDS is still going strong but I might have to reload some fuel tomorrow at some point. Ribs look good but are still not quite there. Hopefully they are done by the weekend. Funny thing though, they seem to be morphing in shape. It's hard to tell for sure but I would almost swear that they are different somehow. :noidea:

I just love those beef ribs..... I keep smelling them cooking over at R2EGG2Q's house across the street. I just might have to see if I can find some of those beauties!

Hmm, I guess on that note I should share some a pic or two of my beef rib cook...
IMG_9288.jpg

and this one for the TD entry:
IMG_9329.jpg

I'll post a separate cook thread shortly. Many thanks to Groundhog66 for a tip on where to get some meaty ribs in town and to The Rub Co for making the rubs (Santa Maria & Original) used on this rack! It was delicious!

Back